The International Rally of Whangarei doubles as the opening round of the 2017 FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship and the second round of 2017 New Zealand Rally Championship (NZRC).
The 2017 edition of the rally will again feature two legs of competition spread over 16 special stages totaling approx 270 kilometres of competitive driving while The Toll Stadium in Whangarei will provide a new base for the event hosting Rally Headquarters and the overnight parc ferme.
- Event – Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday
- Mayoral Welcome – Wednesday night
- The official start will be on the Pohe Bridge on Friday evening
- The Pohe Island stage will be run on the Friday night – two passes, one minute intervals
- APRC & NZRC competitors will attend the corporate area between runs
- 16 Special Stages totaling approx 270 kilometres of Special Stages
The International Rally of Whangarei is run by Rally New Zealand.